From its beginnings in 1978, in a one-room office in Adelaide, South Australia, the Protec brand has flourished.
- Protec’s commitment to local Research & Development saw it quickly become known for innovative coatings solutions which are valued for their versatility, ease of use, high performance, durability and cost effective pricing.
- To cope with an expanded product range and increased national sales, Protec moved into a larger manufacturing facility in 1983.
- By 1992, the popularity of the Protec product range was growing rapidly. To satisfy demand, the company moved to a 4-hectare purpose-built manufacturing plant in the Adelaide suburb of Gillman, which Protec still operates today.
- Protec’s company owned stores and distributor network spread across Australia and New Zealand, while an export program also saw products head to markets in China, the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, USA and PNG.
- In September 2006, Protec’s commitment to the market received a further boost when it was acquired by PPG Industries – the world’s largest manufacturer of transportation coatings. While it remains a standalone brand, Protec now has the backing of one of the world’s most successful paint companies.
Although its product range is more diverse and advanced than ever before, the Protec business philosophy which has endured for over 35 years remains today – create versatile, superior coating solutions at value for money prices.